New Mirawood Academy/The Center for Literacy Arts and Science follows all sick limitations for children as specified by Child Care Licensing. The center reserves the right to temporarily deny any child admittance, or to require early departure should any of the following symptoms becomes apparent during the course of the day:
- Temperature of 100 degrees or above.
- Skin rash.
- More than two episodes of diarrhea or vomiting.
- Head lice.
- Upper respiratory infections with draining colored mucus.
- Severe coughing.
Any child sent home with a communicable disease may not return to the center for 24 hours or until all symptoms subside.
A release note from the child’s physician stating the child is no longer infectious is required prior to the child returning to the center.
If your child becomes sick or injured while under our care, the parent or guardian will be notified immediately. In the event of life threatening emergencies, we will call 911. Please ensure that contact numbers on your child’s registration form are kept current. Small scrapes or bruises will be reported to the parent at pick up time.
New Mirawood Academy/The Center for Literacy Arts and Science attempts to make each child comfortable and happy throughout the day. In order to ensure a smooth adjustment for both parent and student, the following procedures are followed:
- Parents are given a tour of our building and playgrounds.
- Parents are given a copy of our parent handbook, which outlines the center’s policies and procedures. Additionally, the staff member registering the student explains the policies and procedures outlined in the parent handbook.
- Prior to each child’s first day at the center, the parents/guardians are invited to meet the child’s teacher.
- The center holds an Open House Session for all parents and students at the beginning of the school year. This allows parents, teachers and students to meet. Teachers review the goals and objectives for the school year and address any questions or concerns expressed by parents.